Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Drift

I don't know why, but the coffee seemed good enough yesterday morning, but when I filled up at Sheetz and Lynne bought me a Coke, something seemed amiss. Since when do they sell bottles of flat Coke? I don't say anything, because my friend had bought it for me and who am I to complain? Later, at the tailgate, I open a bottle of Shocktop beer and again, there's no flavor. I'm thinking, maybe it got shook up on the hike over here to the Southside Hokie Club... I had a second one and again, no flavor. It's not that it tastes bad, it just doesn't taste. Then I remembered the email I had received from a girl whose sister also takes Topamax and described a similar phenomena. (except she had described Octoberfest as, and I quote, "goat piss" I shudder at the thought) Luckily, Wahoo-girl was along with me for the this trek to Hokie land and she is my oracle in the realm of migraine drugs. Apparently this is just another one of those things, but my MD says this should pass over time and that it's no wonder people on Topamax lose weight. Wahoo-girl and I managed to get to Hokie land and back in one piece yesterday, enjoying a ball game, dinner at my favorite Blacksburg joint and coffee at this other little dive. 460 was a standstill last night and I found out from another friend today that there was a wreck on it... figures. We perused several old CDs from my collection including Come On Pilgrim and yes, more Sugarcubes!! Many smiles and extreme singing abounded. This morning I was attempting to help prepare the counter for coffee hour at church and found myself staring into a cabinet for some minutes before remembering that I was looking for napkins. I managed to speak to folks coherently at church, including my prescribing MD who is such a kind lady for all the moral support she gives to her patients. In general today, I've been lying around dreading going back to work tomorrow and finding out how I will function with students. I almost feel the need to send out a disclaimer email to co-workers stating that I will be pretty much drifting along for a while until my body gets adjusted to this medication. As far as pain goes, I have only had a couple mild little headaches since beginning the medication on Wednesday night and each time, Excedrine has done the trick. So already, I can see an improvement, even on this low dose. Best news of the week is this: I finally picked out the Dansko shoes I wanted and ordered them from zappos.com and they should be here soon! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment