Sunday, June 27, 2010

She looks fairly relaxed doesn't she? She is excited because she beat most of her friends to the cabin and procured herself a top bunk! There is absolutely no apprehension about leaving us for 3 nights. She's like, "see ya". This doesn't bother me in the least, believe it or not. I'm happy that I've managed to raise her to be this independent, despite my overprotectiveness. As long as they remember to give her the prednisone as directed (and I have faith that they will) I'm good. She took her lovey bunny and I wagered $5 that she'd lose it. So let's hope I'm $5 in the hole by Wednesday. The real test for me as a mom will be when BOTH my girls go off to MBT camp. I'm still a little apprehensive about that one. Elena still struggles with aspects of independence and tends to be whiney. So I guess I'll just be sitting around the house wondering who's being driven insane by Elena... Somehow, it not being me seems a positive thing. So it seems I've gotten over the apprehension already :)
But seriously, I am so thankful for the fact that there are wonderful Christian camps which are affordable and close by for my children to participate in. I am also thankful that my stepmother is so involved in this one so I know Annelise is being looked after. Meanwhile, I have enrolled Little Britches in her swimming class for this week and she is super excited about that! It's part of the "Get Independent" program for her. I miss Ese, but I feel good about her being away for a few days.

3 comments:

  1. Elena is only whiney around you and Chris. Seriously, I never heard her whine one time until you got there to pick her up on Friday!! That's how it always goes though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ese will be just fine....what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete