Friday, July 2, 2010

It only looks this good because of the Ruritan Thrift Store downtown. I intend to get up there this morning for a new shipment of Bailey stuff. Usually it is little girl hand-me-downs, and the occasional big-people treasures (I shall refrain from using the word junk here). This morning is gloriously cool so I can stand the cavernous unfinished upstairs. If I ever want to finish this house, I must continue to keep the piles relatively small up there. I don't need any extra deterrents once we get the motivation (and cashola) to get going on this daunting project. For now, the master bathroom must take precedence (as well as all our vacation funds). We shall see if Canada materializes for us this summer after these needed repairs. We haven't taken a week trip since probably 2003 (back when we had money...oh, money, where DID you GO?) when we finished off our Colorado experience with a wonderful family vacation in Arizona and Utah. Oh, geez, I sound like I'm complaining... so let me just say that every day I spend in the Junction, here at Little CO, is almost like a vacation. How many people can leisurely stroll down to a lovely lake with their children and puppy dogs and just commence to hang out? It's a good life. I still want to see Niagara Falls though :)
On another positive note: I caught a 12-pack of Fat Tire on sale at Food Lion in Oxford yesterday for 12.99. Downside: there was only one 12-pack left... CURSES!! Love that stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment