Friday, December 10, 2010

Things that keep me going... you know the little things!

It doesn't take much to amuse me. A couple of years ago we began billing for medicaid and the county nurse who helped kick off the effort would send us therapists a bit of chocolate for doing our part. Of course, I felt this practice ought to continue as billing medicaid was a valuable, revenue-generating effort on behalf of the rehab crew. But my appeals to the medicaid secretary were fruitless, despite numerous pleas and threats of boycott which she saw through as obviously empty. But at the end of the year, after having made the county probably thousands of dollars through billed services I was rewarded with the above piece of wood, warranting at least a slight chuckle from yours truly.
This year, the fall leaves were especially beautiful and I was more than happy, with my traveling assignment, to get a chance to view them from school to school. I took this photo while eating lunch in my car outside of a middle school and listening to Neal Boortz. Life, and lunch, was especially good that day.

Oh, how'd that get there? Even Wahoo-girl got into this activity. Taken outside of the portajohns I had worked dillegently to locate.


And finally, for today's post, I give you, the view from my desk chair. It's limited due to confidentiality as I have students' photos pinned up on the right side but what you CAN see are my toys which keep me company and photos of my sweet family, including that Weem, God Rest his Sweet Soul :)


No comments:

Post a Comment