Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm having a really hard time thinking of a creative title tonight...

Half the difficulty of writing a blog entry is coming up with a decent title. Right now I just can't pull two neurons together well enough to do so. Up until this very moment, I was going to say that I was not Dopamaxing too badly today since titrating up to 25mg. I mean I've had one heck of a day, despite the dull headache I've been carrying around. I've been talking to other professionals coherently on the phone, dishing out some darn good therapy for kids, digging myself out of the medicaid paperwork-pile and decorating the mantle at the EJ office for Christmas. I've been on my game! I made a great meal for my family and even remembered to do the advent candle with them. And now here I am, totally unable to type an entire sentence without backspacing over a dozen times and struggling to put my thoughts down on MacBook. My kids are in the same room as me, playing school, and that's a little distracting but still, I can tell that the little white pill I took just an hour ago is beginning to slooooowww ddoooowwwwwnnnn brainnnn funnnncccction. Thank goodness, I'll be hitting ye ol' sack pretty soon. The side effects I've experienced mostly today are the weird sensations in my hands, scalp and tongue. My tongue has felt like it was on fire all day, not painful really, just hot and tingly. I spent another 60cents on yet another flat Coke- confound it! I'm starting to laugh at myself really, because being on weird brain drugs really exposes a raw self. It's a self that is truly laughable.
I know that HIPPA is important, confidentiality and all that. But there are days when I wish I blog about how wonderful my students are and some of their successes. I will take this opportunity right now to say that I have some kids who are doing some great work and making incredible progress against some serious odds. I will close by saying that although, somedays I struggle because I don't always feel the best, my students make it easier to say, "I really enjoy my work" and mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment