Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Another 12.5mg

Last night, I decided to continue to titrate my Topamax up another 12.5. Not exactly as directly by my physician but my physician, but I get the feeling that this is not a 'one-size-fits-all' drug. For those of you keeping up, I'm up to 37.5mg and feeling in tip-top shape. Side effects are at a minimum. I haven't felt like a zombie since those first few days of introducing this medication to my body. Best of all, no headaches, even with this raging headcold which typically would set off a spiraling migraine due to swollen sinuses. Yay! I can't help but wonder if I could stay at 37.5mg, with the minimum side effects, and have all the results I need. Only time will tell, but for now, I'm happy with the course I'm on and hope that it continues. The next two weeks will be the crucial tell-all as I will go through all the hormone levels involved in the worst part of my migraine cycle. I do hope I don't have to come back and eat my words, they will be bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment