Monday, December 13, 2010

Kid-free Saturday mornings are a Hoot!



My Mother-in-law had the girls friday night, giving Chris and I a kid-free Saturday morning. What do we do with a morning like this? Why, we stalk the owl, of course. We could have never done this with our old camera, the batteries wouldn't have lasted long enough to focus. Mr.B. fried up some fresh sausage (one of the advantages to running a business in a small rural town, along with the occasional pie) and I made a pan of biscuits and we enjoyed our breakfast and our wizened old pal out back as he searched for his own breakfast. Or maybe she searched for her breakfast. Who really knows; I'm no ornithologist. I'm open for answers to this question as well as suggestions for names for Mr. or Mrs. Owl. Right now, I call it Hoot or sometimes just My Owl. Isn't she gorgeous? Doesn't she have attitude? Doesn't she just scream, "I will eat you if you dare walk past my barn"?

No comments:

Post a Comment