Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Beauts in the yard (Part Deux)

It didn't take long for Maybe to start looking pretty again. I was dismayed that she showed no lovely blooms this year, making me wonder, is she really a 'maybe' after all? I need to compare her leaves with a full grown Maybe maybe. Do you follow me?
These irises are a kind of a symbol of hope for me. I just transplanted these from my mother's yard a couple of weeks ago and amazingly they are blooming. Even the azaleas I moved are budding, which is shocking considering they should be in major shock. I say they are a symbol of hope because my sweet mother was just diagnosed with diabetes, the dreaded malady which haunts my entire maternal side. I was devastated and so was she. This changes everything about her lifestyle and my future lifestyle. She's always known it would happen sooner or later, so denial was short lived. She is now armed with information, a One Touch meter, and a willingness to take care of herself. I can't help but wonder, when it is me, will I be as willing to change everything to accommodate the disease? Let's face it, it's going to be me one day and that's a stone cold slap IN my face. While I've been making some changes due to trying to control my migraine headaches, I'm not sure I'm ready for life to catch up to me quite so rapidly. At any rate, when I discovered these gorgeous blooms yesterday, I was reminded that hope is always in our midst. Hope that my mom is going to be okay because she is a fighter. Hope that I can be strong also. I love you, Mom. Now put down that biscuit!


This baby is not exactly in my yard but just across the farm road in the neighbor's pasture. She is only a couple days old and I love that she's already up and walking around. And she obviously loves her mother too! awwwww....

I can't help but wonder why God, The Almighty, gave us babies we have to tote around for a year yet the horse walks from day one. He probably knew that we selfish humans wouldn't take the time to bond with our babies unless we were forced to carry them around. I can't complain, I still love to pick up my youngest and twirl her around, finishing with a big hug and kiss. The oldest keeps trying to pick me up and twirl me around. Happy Wednesday dear, dear readers!

2 comments:

  1. That's some pretty hope up there! Y'all girls are a strong and determined lot. I'm sorry for the diabetes, but you'll do just fine when/if it knocks on your door. Hugs and kudos to your mom for taking care of herself. She's nifty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I think so too. Thanks Lynne for you continued love and support. I hope you are feeling better today :)

    ReplyDelete