Friday, February 11, 2011

That last one just flat out ignored the obvious...

...I mean as far as nurturing your blooms. I suppose a blog could be considered a bloom, but a minor one. Over the last few years, I've come to depend on the social network world as an outlet for myself, thinking it was the one place I had some control. I mean, even when I didn't have any adults to speak to at my house, I always had a buddy to chat with online, right? But really, when I think about it, it seems sort of pathetic. Not that I'm about to give up blogging and fb-ing, but I guess it's time to step back and work on cultivating for-real relationships. My life with the dude is the biggest, most important blossom on earth for me, is it not? He's so much more important than all the social networking out there, yet marriage continues to be the hardest thing we've ever tried to tackle - But, as he might say in his EJ lingo, all the hard work pays off dividends! Here it is, right here at Valentine's Day, arguably one of the stupidest days ever labeled on a calendar, and society says I should be upset if I don't get a chocolate or a flower. But I'm pretty sure it won't matter, as long as the dude is my dude (but don't tell him that, I still like chocolate if there's a possibility it may come my way). We have a pretty good life. As I say, it's work, tending the little garden, and we could stand to work a little harder. But we aren't quarrelsome and I'm pretty sure the love is abundant. It's these other relationships in my life that need a lot of attention. For Valentine's Day this year, I'm thinking of ways to nurture those blooms too.

No comments:

Post a Comment