Saturday, February 19, 2011

Can almost feel the water beating on my skin now...

Well it's been the summertime since we've gotten to use our own shower. I haven't taken photos of the hole in the floor or the subflooring that's been sitting there for months, simply because it just was too much for me to really look at. I've had to smell mildew, then rotten wood, then earth, and felt the cool air around the shower because there was nothing there but OSB between us and the ground. But finally after months of stumbling in and out of the kids' bathroom in the dark morning hours, I will soon be stumbling straight into my my own beautiful slate-tile shower again. GLORIOUS! SIMPLY PUT, I CANNOT WAIT! It's been an ordeal to go from wondering why I can't scrub away that mildew smell to oh-my-gravy there's a mushroom growing there to gutting the whole dern thing and then wondering how will we afford to get all this fixed. Then when it looks like when can cover it, getting the right guy in here to do it has been challenging. The Dude managed to find the guy pretty easily and he's associated with reputable folk, so I'm not concerned about the job. But the guy is SO GOOD, he's in major demand and we waited weeks to get him in here. Then when he came, we didn't have everything he needed, it took more weeks to get him back in. A guy who is in this much demand MUST be good right? I sure hope so, in fact I'm extremely optimistic about him and the job he's doing. It's already looking better than it ever looked before and he's only half way done. So the photo you see, is where we are right now... soooo close!!! I'm happy. Very very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment