Saturday, September 7, 2013

I've got some really great shower curtain rings to sell you...

Lately I have noticed there is quite a bit of 'selling' going on.  Whether I need it or not, it is in my face.  Constantly.  Ad nauseum.  A proverbial dead horse.  Beaten.  Until there is nothing left.
And it feels gimmicky.  You know the kind of thing I mean?  Try this new handy housewives helper with thirty different functions.  You'll be glad you did.  (I mean, we have no real proof that it will make your life better or your chores easier, but we just think it will look great in your house.)  And did we mention that "Thirty Helens Agree" that this thing is awesome?  How can you agree with that many nodding 'Helens'?  (Nevermind that we have all those Helens on the payroll and it is their job to agree.)
And it has a cool, gimmicky name also- Helen's Handy-Housewives Helper.  This is way better than the old tool box you keep under your sink with screwdriver, wrench and hammer.  This is new! This is, of course a better way to do things simply because the Helens say it is.
More on this later, I have much to say on the issue of 'selling.'  Right now, I want to sleep.  Not because some know-it-all has told me that research suggests I require the sleep, but because it is past my own personally-prescribed bedtime and I can no longer keep my eyes open.  Until next time, thanks for joining us, Helens!  It is always a pleasure to see you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment