Thursday, March 17, 2011

Waxing Poetic

Lunch Break inspiration! This morning I opened an email from a company tauting a game called Sentence Samurai, in which you cut out all these little words and your student gets points for making longer and longer sentences with the words. The email included a free sample which I promptly printed out and took to the middle school to try out on one of my syntax-challenged students. I liked it, although she didn't seem too impressed. Enter Max Instructional Scaffolding. Oh well. Anyway, the concept was somehow familiar; it reminded me of something... oh what could it be? Driving over to the High School, listening to Dublin's finest on Sirius 18 (quick, do a little jig), it hit me- Magnetic Poetry! Come now, if you didn't own one, you know one of your college pals did and you became an instant poetic genius in its presence, no? So today, on my lunch break, I just found the website, thinking, "This is perfect for therapy" and of course there's an opportunity to play on-line! I'm so excited about it, I'm including the link below so you too can go be an on-line poetic master! You guessed it, I'm going to order a set of the original Magnetic Poetry for use in therapy because that's a whole lot easier than cutting out all those little words and it comes in the cute little box. And who doesn't love a cute little box?
Enjoy!
http://play.magpogames.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment