Monday, November 7, 2011

Cold afternoon project

Last year was our LCSPCA adoptee, Lillybelle's, first Christmas with us. Of course when it came time to hang the family stockings on then mantle, Lilly didn't have hers. I hadn't even thought of it. Little-bug made her one out of notebook paper and pinned it up there. Fast forward to this Halloween when Ese was a flesh-eating zombie. We had to rip up a pair of her jeans to make this fantasy very authentic. Once the Halloween festivities were done, I cut the jeans into shorts for Ese. But what to do with the leftover scraps of denim? Naturally, because it was a cold day and I'm less apt to get outside, I decided to try my hand at making a small stocking for the dog. I don't have a sewing machine so I had to sew it by hand but it really didn't take very much time at all to sew. I was even willing to take a little extra time to decorate it a bit. Little-bug helped me with that part. I am surrounded by creative people, and crafty ladies. At some point, I will post some photos of the blue-jean quilts made by my girlfriend Shirley. They amaze me in their level of artsy-fartsyness and absolute warmth. But at any rate, I offer you this, my first attempt at hand-sewing denim. It's only big enough for a couple of Milk Bones but I think she'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment