Monday, January 10, 2011

Quick update on my lunch break

We anxiously await another winter event or as the newscasters are apt to quip a "so-called winter event" (I love when they throw pointless words like 'so-called' around to fill up space); however, I'm looking out the window of my tiny cracker-box and see nothing so far. Today would be a good day to get out early since the lunch menu was mysteriously changed from cheeseburger to tuna salad and therefore my youngest child has eaten nothing. Her teacher has been given strict instructions to send her to my office for a granola bar if she complains of hunger. There's a big gap between a yummy cheeseburger and ooshy gooshy catfood tunasalad, which is mostly a mayonnaise-compound substitute anyway. Imagine my child's facial expression...



I technically have two "so-called offices". One is at the high school. It's only considered an office if there is a computer in place and I can do paperwork there. The tiny, filthy room where I serve six fun students, nearing adulthood, also has this interesting feature: a ladder to nowhere. Why shouldn't all classrooms, er, tiny spaces have holes in the ceiling with ladders attached? I have one student who threatens to explore the ladder and so far I have managed to talk him out of it, but how long will I manage to talk myself out of it? I mean, I really want to go up there! This is a Pandora's Box isn't it?

Also, after a little googling, I managed to label our Owl friend from an earlier post. She is a Barred Owl, and a beautiful specimen at that!

On to the Dopamax, er, I mean Topamax update: I am now on a 50mg dosage. That would be 25mg a.m. and 25mg p.m. I tried just taking 12.5 in the a.m. but the headaches came roaring back so I'll just have to stay Homer Simpson for a while. Once I had gotten to this level, I suffered from all sorts of oddities such as nausea, anorexia, difficulty sleeping, moodiness, sensitivity to idiotic comments of others, serious difficulty concentrating on my work, anomia, and general spaciness. Some of these things have subsided or at least minimized to the point where I can deal with them. This past saturday and sunday were filled with energy and feeling great and I hope to goodness that this is a precursor of things to come. While sodas and beer continue to have an interesting flatness, I still occasionally drink one as a trial. I have found that Natural Light, while never having had much flavor to begin with, tastes pretty much the same and was a happy beverage of choice for Birthday Bowling Extravaganza on saturday night. My 36th birthday came and went like any other day, but family and friends made me feel like a million dollars in so many ways. The older I become the more blessed I feel! Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment